Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year from Rhythm & Muse!

Hello and Happy New Year!

Sorry for the long absence at the end of December, there. As you can imagine, it got pretty crazy in the store for a while and we're only now beginning to emerge from the chaos!

I, myself, traveled home to Minnesota and ended up re-reading all my old children's books one after the other, which seems to have become a ritual of mine whenever I'm home. It's so lovely to read an entire book from cover to cover in a single afternoon while sitting next to a crackling fire!

I didn't get any books for Christmas - my family is too scared to buying books for someone who works in a bookstore, it seems. But I did manage to score a copy of The Wise Heart by Jack Kornfield when my parents accidentally double-ordered the book, each thinking to give it to the other for Christmas (aren't they cute?). This is a book of the teachings of Buddhist psychology as explained by one of the most preeminent Buddhists and thinkers on the block. I've read some of his writings before (After the Ecstacy, the Laundry and some short pieces) and am excited to hear his take on the core principles of Buddhism.

Anyone else get any good books or music for the holidays?

(Image: Stuart Pilbrow via Flickr Creative Commons)

1 comment:

Rebby said...

I must admit, I read Gregory Maguire's new young adult book, What-The-Dickens: The Story of a Rogue Tooth Fairy. Good read, cute book, but now on to some non-fiction!
-Rebekah